Monday, November 8, 2010

CoD: Black Ops

Tonight at midnight, several video game merchants will be opening their doors to allow customers to stampede *ahem* I mean gracefully enter their stores to buy the new "Call of Duty: Black Ops" game. The series has been building momentum especially ever since the releases on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Apparently, according to a family member who just began working for Gamestop, this game currently holds the record for highest reserve-rate. For any game. Ever.



I realize that this blog is entitled "Comics and Cartoons", but there's a slight tie-in: this same family member has revealed that the Gamestop in Exton that hired him is having a huge release party, and adding fuel to the fire is the presence of the artist for the game's strategy-guide. Of course, as soon as one of my parents heard this, they went on about how that was yet another job opportunity for the people in our family who liked to draw.

See? It's flimsy, but it's a tie-in. Opportunity for a job as an artist. That, and the fact that I would love to be an artist for games.

Oh, and if you are a fan and still don't know this, the nazi-zombies should be back. So I have heard, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit as one who is not the every day gamer, I want this game!!! It just looks so damn cool.

    ReplyDelete